Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Health Issues...

Do you have health issues? Do your doctor tell you the things you don't want to hear? I know I am as stubborn as my mom when it comes to the doctor. Today, I am about to see my doctor. I already know what he is going to say. The question is will I listen to him. I would have fired me as a patient long time ago. I just seen the nurse who was sermonizing. I did not want to hear what she had to say. I am now waiting on my doctor, really agreeing with the nurses suggestion about my health. I keep telling myself that I am doing good. No high blood pressure, No high cholestrol, and no real physical ailment. Report was good! I am doing good. I ate a cobb salad tonight. I am going walking around 8pm. I now have a walking partner that loves to walk. I like to talk so, this should be good. No this partner is not a woman yet. I am looking for one that loves to walk each evening. We all need to be healthier. I am deciding today that I will try my best. I tried my first protein bar this afternoon. I ate a salad tonight because I was not that hungry. Well, got go walk.

Update: Walked for about 4 miles. Showered and ate protein bar, I am headed to bed. I will walk again in the morning 7am for an hour. Yes I said 7am and yes I said for an hour. Feeling pretty good right now. We will see if I get up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ann said...

You are doing so much good with your new habits. I think we all struggle with these things. About two years ago I bought Dr. Oz's "You on a diet" book and loved how it explained things. It all made so much sense - body chemistry, timing of meals, food additives which sabotage our best intentions. There is a lot of info on Oprah.com and then also the RealAge.com website. You can take a test there which takes your habits and health into account to give you your actual body age. That is a monumental help in motivation!