Sunday, June 24, 2007

Random Thoughts


Well, It has been a pretty good day today. It was my last sunday for awhile to lead singing since I will be taking some time off. I will be trying to find a house to buy since my deadline of finding one is quickly closing in this summer.

This morning, I shared with the worship team that I have a hard time tending to those who are already saved. I think my ministry is with those who are either leaving the church or never have been to church. They don't have all the issues those growing up in the church has regarding those who lead. I have worked for many churches and have found this to be sooo true. They are trying to maintain the church they knew while growing up. I have always had a spirit that cause me to think outside the box. I hope that I was not offensive in my delivery this morning. I have been told I can be cruel when I am very passionate about something. One day, I will blog about how singles are treated in the church compared to the world. Let me tell you, it would be so much easier to just be in the world, but wait where I would spend eternity stops me! Oh well!

I was stopped in the hallway at church by an older gentlemen who wanted me to know that I could not leave this church unless he goes with me. He was very appreciative of my work at East Cobb. I was very appreciative of his comments to me. Most of the time, adults don't share that way. I was glad meet this gentlemen today. Ministry is sooo hard. I believe it is because you spend 90% of your time dealing with issues brought up by members. I thought we were supposed to be evangelizing the world.

I shared with the teenagers this morning John 3:16. Wanting them to define God, love, belief,perishing, and everlasting life. The easiest one for them was everlasting life(promise of Heaven). Defining God and love was the hardest. I would like for you to pray for this youth group to continue their quest in finding God and love. They are precious to me because I spent about 8 months with them.

Adults, I want to in the near future talk about being an Adult. I work with teenagers(my preferred group) over Adults for many reasons. I will tell you about them soon.

I am going carless(no car) this week. I let my sister borrow my car to carry my mom to her appointments in an Air conditioned vehicle. I get to walk to work. Don't be too sad for me, it is just a 5 minute walk.

I went to Campus church tonight to hear John Alan Turner. He was at GAC when I was. He did a great job. I know that he is committed to making families better. Major point tonight was that learning the bible is the Home's responsibility not the church. The church should support what is already happening in the home not vice versa. Good point! May it help you today!

Right now the only thing stolen was this cybershot camera. I will miss it. I don't know what they will do with it without the cords, and battery charger. May they find all the happiness with my camera. I hope to have another one before school starts back. I did not know how much it was worth till I searched for a new one. I closed a credit and bougbt it with the points. Anyway, I'll get another one, but not this one. It was expensive.

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Liz Moore said...

I hope you get rejuvenated and refreshed during your time away. You have such valuable insight into a lot of things. Most people don't take the time to listen to what you have to say. Sometimes church can just be too political. It is after all, All About Jesus. I do wish churches would take singles more seriously. I know that even around here, you don't here of anything going on for singles. For singles, that doesn't leave great places to try and find a partner in life. If anyone can bring that into awareness, you can. My prayers are with you during your time off. I know your church will be greatly blessed upon your return. Have a safe trip!!

Just fyi... Canon makes a great digital camera that is pretty reasonably priced. It also has cool features where you can take out all the color but one for some great accented black and white pictures. They are the only cameras I believe that offers that feature.

TD said...

Thanks Liz,

I don't know if I will lead the crusade for singles, but I am willing to let the church know what is happening. Thanks also for the insight. The campers today handled the news pretty well. If you can imagine some wanting to cry because I was robbed. I love children they are soooo awesome. Tell Ashley I said hello and Jeremy and Chris!