Friday, June 1, 2007

Date last night!


Many have asked so I will tell you about last nights date! It started out by me leaving work late to get ready for this thing. I would be driving during rush hour to pick let's say Lady W up. I should back up a little, to say I found out earlier today SHE IS 42 YEARS OLD YIKES! I know many of you would say- big deal, but it is to me. Anyway, we were going to drop by a friend of hers who's marriage is not going well. I know, I know, what are we doing here! My job was to lead a prayer after the conversation stopped. Well, after about 3 hours, I led a prayer. We went back to Downtown Atlanta and ate at an ok restaurant. Food was good, Service was good! BUT, I GOT A PARKING TICKET for an expired meter. I could not believe it because I did not see any meters around when I parked. Needless to say, I will now have to pay $10 for this oversight. It would make a better story if there would be a second date. 42! That is my latest! I will get in trouble for this, but I know she(42) is not internet savy. Ok, you can stop laughing now! TD

7 comments:

Liz Moore said...

1st of all, "42 YEARS OLD YIKES!"... if I had super powers I'd reach through this computer and slap you so hard your chocolate would fall off! 42 is NOT old!!! ha ha!! :)

Clue #1, a first date going over to her friend's house who is having trouble with a marriage...not so much the 1st place to start a new dating relationship.

Clue #2, the parking meters are those tall metal things with numbers on them and places to put money in that are on the street by the parking places. They also have a sign on them that says "expired" sometimes :)

You know I love you and yes I am laughing... you just make it so easy!! Have a great weekend!

TD said...

I got the clues! After finding out the age via internet confirmed by her friends acknowledgement of how long they have known each other. The parking sign was green and it read 24 hours parking metered. I saw the green and the 2 thinking it was 2 hour parking. Boy was I wrong. Ok, Ok, 42 is not OLD, but in 8 years I will be 44 and she would the big 50. So, that's my story and I am sticking with it. U will hold the gate for me still! TD

Liz Moore said...

Yes, I will still hold the gate for you! Lord knows, somebody is going to need too! :)

Terry Rush said...

While you are telling everybody she's 42, she's probably telling everybody he thinks parking on a date is beside a meter.

Great pictures of KT and Jimmy!

His Liz!

Anonymous said...

I really don't have too much to say...except that I am laughing too! I found myself also hoping that she is not internet savvy! Not that it may matter at this point. :) $10 may end up being a small price from the sound of this! :)

Rachel said...

Hey Terry!!!! It is so good to find your blog. I will enjoy reading and keeping up with your life. In fact, I already have. You make me laugh!

P.S. Ben and Jerry's! :)

James E. Miller said...

That's a pretty unique first date.

Blogging about the details of your dates is certainly a way to ensure you don't get second dates.

But then again, your readers definitely enjoy the juicy stories.

Keep 'em coming!