Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Like what you have and want what you got"

This is a quote from Patrick Mead who spoke tonight at campus. I am looking forward to this week as I will be making plans for the fall. I will be directing 2 choruses and teaching 3 video editing classes. I am excited about these opportunities.

This quote will help me have a better year this year. Learning to enjoy what you have. Many of you know I lost my mom this year. I have been going back to places we have spent time at over the last few years. I moved back to atlanta mostly to be closer to her. It has been painful to now have her around. I did get the chance to say goodbye. I would have been on a service trip to New Orleans, but instead I was able to be with her the last weekend of her life. I am still grieving, because of not having some answers about the future. Many of you know that i like to control what I can. What will happen next is still a mystery. I will continue the path that I believe God is calling me to right now.

I am enjoying this week already. I will get to listen live and in person a great communicator of God's word. This week I am so open to hear the word and let it speak to me boldly. I want to be the best person I can be for my students, peers, and church. It starts with me working on me. I wish that I could say I am perfect. God is not done with me yet. I am not where I want to me at age 39. There is so much I don't know. There are so many I need to go back and say please forgive me. I have learned that I need to first forgive myself. God is in control. I ask him for forgiveness and pray down the line if given the opportunity to ask others.

I'm working on liking what I have, and wanting what I got. I'm a middle child and I know what is like to be content. Now that I am older, I want mine. Whatever mine is! Don't worry I have not fallen off the deep in, but I will be glad to move on from this stage. I have great opportunities to serve God and honor him daily. I need to center my focus on HIM. Pray with me as I continue this journey. I do hope to come back tomorrow with more quotes and goodness on my liking what I have and wanting what I got

No comments: