Thursday, June 10, 2010

I"m gonna be like you when I grow up!

I have a great lunch today with Randy Gil. I did not finished my meal. I actually had it for supper tonight. It was good. My conversation with him today was great. He has more wisdom about life then anyone I have met in a while. Those that really know me know that i have many ideas. I shared a few with Randy today in which he loved all of them. I respect him as a worship leader, but now even more as a man of God. He led the worship this week. Personal confession: I do believe so many other worship leaders are better at it than me. Well, I know for sure Randy does a tremendous job getting us to the throne room. I try each week, but people don't always follow me there. HA!

He is so talented that God has blessed this man with many gifts. He is using those gifts. He brings even more glory to God in the way that he has God as the center in his life. I want that! I want that daily. I know what I need to do. We all know what we need to do, we just need to go do it.

I'm gonna be like him(Randy) when I grow up. Meanwhile, I will be myself and allow God to have his way with me. How are you doing with this? Is God in control? Or do you let him be in control sometimes? God brought us into this world and he can take us out. Get off the throne! God needs to be God!

Have a blessed weekend. I have enjoyed blogging this week.

No comments: