Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm not a Parent, but I play one on TV!

I'm not a Parent, but I play one on TV! what a great line. I am not a parent, but I play one daily with my students and my nephews. Kids need structure. They are really crying out for you to notice. I had to talk to one of my nephews about his facebook. He will eventually change his name so I can't find him. His reaction to my calling him on it. I have invested a lot of time with my nieces and nephews, just like parents do all the time. I feel for you parents in what you go thru everyday with your child. I would kill them. I know your love keeps you from doing it. I guess what I hate the most is how ungrateful they seemed at times. How do you do it? God knows what he is doing with me. I love teenagers. I get to interact for 9 months out the year about 40 hours a week. My summer, where I spend more time with my nephews leaves me more disturb. Parents, I lift up a prayer for you tonight. Kids, I say that you need to look beyond yourselves. Your parents have feeling as well.

For now, I will continue to remind my students- Parents are what you got. I will not be bailing you out of jail, that is what your parents will do- the very ones you hate so much.

No comments: