Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sydney Smartt is doing well!

Sydney Smartt is doing well. I got the chance to go to the hospital tonight and she was doing well. We visited and she got to talk to people who could not make it to the hospital. I love seeing people smile and laugh. I believe that is truly my ministry. I am very happy when I can do that with people. I believe that is a major draw in my family. When we get together we just take turns ribbing each other and laughing. I love seeing my mom laugh. Keep my family in prayer, I love them sooo much and sometimes I still feel far away although I am closer. I stopped by tonight and had some of my mom's cooking. I know she likes to cook for people. Her children likes eating it, too.

Volleyball starts on Friday. ( 2 hours of practice)

Texas and Oklahoma here I come. You will probably not see me. In Houston, I will be leading worship at an area-wide for teens. I really enjoy leading people in worship. It is fun and easy for me. I enjoy reconnecting with old friends as well. I don't know which church, but it is the area-wide for Monday night. Tuesday I will be joining others( Gen. Tommy Franks) speaking to a group of teenager's assembled on the campus of Oklahoma Christian. I know I know, I can't believe it either. I have enjoyed speaking some this summer. Both of these trips are in late afternoon and speak in the evening, early morning flight, and hopefully back to work by lunch time Wednesday. I am missing most of our in-service training. I do lead worship before I leave for Houston. We as a staff and faculty begin the new school year focusing on our spiritual side as we lead this school. I will have my camera with me that I bought this summer in the great state of Arkansas.

Orientations is what I have been doing this week. I love them! Taking a group of people who do not know each other well, and bringing them together before school starts. My boss, I think today finally realized that I love orientation. I used to do it at Harding. Some of you may remember that, but I am in a zone of getting the people socially in shape. I have another one tomorrow. I look forward to it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad to hear that Sydney is doing better! Hope you had a good weekend!