Sunday, July 6, 2008

Leadership

It is time for leadership to stand up to those who can not handle a different point of view. One of my college professors and colleague when I worked there has made his public blog private. I am tired of the few always winning it seems. I have been in many worship wars where the few dictate what the majority has to put up with. I am tire of it. I am tired of the status quo. Mark Elrod's blog I find very refreshing and it challenges me to think about what is happening in this country. Do I agree 100 % of what is on his blog? No! I come to it everyday to challenge my thinking. I did not see his post change my middle name to Hussein on his blog. My prayer is that this has nothing to do with why he is making his blog private. Church people- Get over yourself! If you don't like what is found on his blog, then don't go over and read it.

This is also a generational thing I believe. I am not a letter writer if you can't tell on this blog. I like going to the person that I have conflict with. Many people have misunderstood me, until they have sat down and we talk about their issues. Why can't older people do this? I find this to be cowardice done by the greatest generation. I am one that is sick of it! Elrod going private won't stop these people. I used to be a part of the establishment, and defended on many fronts. I'm 37, and I am sick of it.

Let me make myself very clear: Dissenting point of view is not a bad thing. I want to hear from a racist in order that I can understand his perspective and hope that he/she can understand mine one day. If he does great, and if he doesn't also great. I am not for abortion, but I can have lunch with someone that is. I am the only Christian in my family, and I have made a lot of mistakes trying to share the gospel with them. I feel guilty today thinking I may be the cause for them not to believe. Hearing the other side is a good thing. I did not do this earlier. I attend and minister at a Church of Christ. I have been to all kind of churches. I am not afraid nor do I think this will shake my belief in Jesus. Mark's blog was also very entertaining as well. No more!

Leadership- It is time to lead. Stop listening only to the few and look at the bigger picture. This was a great day for me until I went to view my normal blogs. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally added your blog to my Reader thing so I will read it (because I am lazy and let it check new posts for me!). One of my earliest thoughts about all that is going on is very simplified..."Can't we all just get along?". I just try to remember the passage about how in this world we will have trouble but no fear God has overcome the world. How is your new place?