Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Searcy

It has been great to be in searcy, Arkansas for the last three weeks. I have caught up with many, but still have not seen quite a few. I made the decision to rejoined Harding's President Council. Mainly, I wanted to give back to a place that gave me sooo much. Many of you were quite surprised that I would leave. It has been a good thing in me leaving. I still have a love for this great University. Those reading, I would encourage you to give back whether small or big. When and if you come back to campus, it has changed in many ways. But the spirit and memories that you have will come back. I want you to then decide to give back so others can have or make some of the same memories. I know for some these are bad economic times. I know that I have been blessed by God now and all of my life. When you look at the buildings at Harding immediately you might think that "Oh, they got plenty of money, they wont miss mine". I gave for scholarships which Mike Williams ( a good friend) tells me that Harding continues having a need to offer scholarship. People will give to a building and we need those people to do that. We also need you and I to help those attend the same place we had so many life changing memories. Just consider it! Those who teach and preach, I believe they still have a special way for you to join the President Council cheaper. Anyway, It has been good to be in Searcy!

No comments: