Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday!!!

Today was a very good day. I led worship in children's worship at College Church. Yes, I did say College Church. I had not been back at that church in quite a while. Someone there said this morning jokingly "You're finally coming to church" I replied that the only service I could come to would be the children's service. We both laugh, and had a great time. I enjoy being around young people especially children. I like to try and spur them on. Some people say I do this with adults- I just don't believe them most of the time. Children expressed themselves as to whether they like something or not.

I tried going over to Downtown the church where I led for many years. It was kinda hard. I heard the singing and it brought back so many memories. Authentic worship is what I was witnessing. I could not stay because of my desire to just jump up there and lead. I was trying to resist going over, until I went to college and lead their children's church. I really did missed the authentic worship at Downtown.

2nd week of uplift is going great! Last night I served again as the MC. I was up there telling jokes and getting the crowd to know each other. I have had so much fun just almost being a comedian with a 15 minute set. I used this as my door into the teenage world of those attending this week. When they think you are funny, they want to be around you more.

I will close on my condo at the end of this week. I am excited. I have to turn around and come back next week for uplift. I am looking forward to that as well. People know me more as a worship leader. I will be leading the Area-wide Searcy bible class for teenagers Wednesday at the College church. Come on and hopefully experience authentic worship. I will be sharing how great it is to be a Christian. I look forward to it.

That is my latest. I need to be outdoors right now walking and exercising. We will see how it works out when I get off of this computer. Bye!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Jeff's Photos said...

Hey man Childrens Worship was great thanks for leading.

JM