Saturday, June 14, 2008

COMMUNITY

I am in searcy, Arkansas today! Two of the large churches of Christ puts on a community carnival event to kick off their vacation bible school. I love seeing churches reaching out to the community. This is what it is all about. It is hot, but it does not matter.( I can't believe I am saying it either) I am sooo proud of the churches here. They have been doing this for awhile also combining their vbs and working together. Many times when I was here in searcy- competition of who will get the college students were a concern. Not many will acknowledge this, but I;m free to say what I want . So there it is. Anyway, today was great to see people serving and having a great time in one of the parks in Searcy. Great day for God! Tank Daniels of the New York Giants was there giving away bikes and signing autographs. No one wanted mine( I know who cares)

Uplift Uplift Uplift. This is what is about this week. Spurring on teenagers to continue their walk with God no matter what. I am excited and will continue to be. I have reconnected with many friends here in searcy. They all guess that Uplift must be here, but I have a glow about myself. Special thank you's I would love to give to Brandon Tittle and Andrew Baker. I don't know why they would want me here for 3 weeks. I am very grateful for the opportunity to meet and encourage all those coming to Uplift. Last night, I met the group from Bammel Road in Houston. I am having soooo much fun. (Wife or potential wife- I am in my zone meeting new people and singing) I could go to heaven anytime now after being here with soo many on fire for Christ. This week I will be leading in the morning and at the baptisms. They have soo many, so I kinda serve as host. My other duties this week is to MC went we all get together. I love this role as well. Give me a stage and you never know what might happen. I will just say that we will have fun this week. Go be good!

No comments: