Monday, September 28, 2009

Recent conversations about marriage

Well, here I go about to stick my neck out there once more. The question of when will I get married always seems to come in the fall. I think about it more in the summer, but ALWAYS get asked the question in the fall.

Here is my take:

In my 20's, I was looking for miss right who would stay with me forever in Searcy, Arkansas.
In my early 30's, I was looking for someone who was a lot more mature and had a faith in God bigger than mine.
Right now, God has a lot more work to do on me. I know, I am not the perfect person I thought I was when I was in my 20's. I have always known but I will admit more today, that I have a very messed up family that I will asked some lady one day to join. Don't get me wrong, my family is my family. This last one, is probably my biggest stumbling block. I am secure in myself, I believe this last point is another hurdle I believe I have conquered.

I am not ashamed of my upbringing, I have to live in the real. I wanted so much to have the perfect life/family to present to my wife. Well, that wont be happening anytime soon. My nephew recent saying "It is what it is!" I hope she will see she is marrying a Christian young man who is a sinner and is looking forward to being in heaven.

So the question of when I will get married. God only knows....

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

Terry, the way you reveal yourself is going to be a blessing to the woman God has chosen for you. I am confident that she will be revealed to you in God's time. Blessings to you as you wait on His timing.