Monday, September 7, 2009

I want to live like no one else so I can live like no one else!

I am finally sick of being in debt. Today, I am pledging to do something about it. I spent most of my day shopping with my mom and nephews. The whole time I was asking myself, why are they buying so much junk. My nephews said that they just wanted to be like me. I told them immediately, I don't buy to buy. They asked me then why did I buy? Today, people I am pledging to live like no one else so that later on I can live like no one else.

Don't get me wrong I am in a very good position financially. I have been saving for retirement since I was 24. I do have some old debts that won't go away. I will now channel my vision on my debts. I don't want to be slaved to the lender. I want to be free.

A few reminders are in order for those still listening. Remember, I am 38. I have been out of college for a while now. I am single. No children or grandchildren to take care of. Full disclosure, I have taken care of many in my family over the years. I have cut back in that area big time since moving back to Georgia. I do love to give to those who ask. I have been so blessed and that is my way of giving back. I give back in other ways as well. Volunteering my time a lot to service is the biggest way I love to give.

Now, stop reading and go make a written budget plan for the rest of the month. Mine is easy since I have paid all of my bills.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We LOVE Dave!!!! We have currently paid off cars and all our credit cards! Student loans will take forever but we are snowballing! Praise the Lord Terry for your commitment to not be servant to the lender!