Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthday!


My 1st post of the year comes on my birthday. I am 37 today. In 3 years I will be 40. I have had so many great times in the past making fun of those turning 40. It will be my turn soon. 37 did not mean anything to me until college. Many of my college professor were in their late 3o's. Now I am there!. Today, was different. I woke up and said to myself, you are nearing 40. I guess that could be depressing. I got up to make sure I got my car tags. In Georgia, they expired on your birthday. I got to school early, so I could leave to go take care of my car tag. Anyway, not too many people knew that it was. Those on my facebook did. I got many emails before 9am. They were great! I heard from people I have not heard from in a while. We celebrated during my last class in which one of the students brought cupcakes. I am blessed today to be working at my almater and have such thoughtful students. I really do love them, and I can tell they love me. At 37, my thinking today is changing. We prayed in every class, I just prayed differently. It sounded like an old person prayer. One student reminded me of what I said about long prayers. He asked if I did not pray this morning before school. Question I ask of those long sunday morning prayer people. Yes, I am older. Today, I am in a play called Big River. I will be playing Jim the runaway slave. I taught our 5 and 6 year olds tonight. They were hyper. It did not help that I brought bubbles. We were celebrating my birthday. You got to have bubbles. What a birthday party. Bubbles! I typed tonight being thankful and grateful.


Ruth Shaw died. A very special lady passed away last Saturday. I called her my grandma shaw. She is another special person who have gone on around the beginning of the year Last year, I lost my stepdad Robert Cook, and my spiritual dad Carl Mitchell. Now I have Ruth Shaw to remember each year. These are special people. It causes you to think about where you are going in life. Time goes by so fast. Ruth Shaw was a wonderful cook, and a wonderful lady.


If you have not told your family how much you love them. You need to stop reading and do so. The older I get, Family has become more and more important to me. Go and live for the savior!

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, dear Terry!
Happy birthday to you!

And many more... (in harmony)

(You can't hear it, but the singing is second to none.)

Hope you had a great day. Still waiting for my call back...