Friday, December 28, 2007

Been Reading!







Reading to me can be fun. Only if I get to read what I like. The giving tree is my all time favorite book to read. I know it is elementary, but I like that book. So far, I have read 2 books on this break, and I am in the office today looking for more. I have been waiting for years to get the hunger to read. Well, it has come. Right before turning 37(January 9th)(Not too early to start shopping for my present). Anyway, the two books I have read and reread are The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and The Unchurched. Both revealed a lot to me as a christian, and a christian educator. We as Christians have a lot of work to do. Also, do you see yourself as a team player. I struggled with this answer, because I am so much wanting to be a team player. I also want it my way. As a leader, you want to be a team player. Many people over my 36 years of life have counted on me to lead. I wonder as I look back and reflect, was I a team player. I highly reccommend both books. Caution for th Dysfuncitons- there are cuss words in it. I wish that was not in the book.

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

Good for you to read two books during the break. The only thing I've read for the last three years is academic mumbo-jumbo. I'm jealous!