Sunday, January 13, 2008

Non Smokers Unite!


Recently, I needed to rent a car and my experience was not pleasant at the beginning. The lady at the counter acted as though I was bothering her by renting a vehicle. Nobody was around, and I still to this day don't know if they had just had a rush and she was tired. I started my normal "Howdy" with a smile, and she proceeds to look at me like I was on drugs. Anyway, she assigns me a car, and I go check it out. It reeked of a smoke smell. I don;t know maybe one of the workers who had a smoke got into the car the cigarette smoked remained in the car when I got there. I went back to the counter to my very pleasant worker(HA!) to tell her about the smoke smell. She asked if smoked bothered me. The key chain that I had in my hand had a nosmoking sign on it- I was nice and said yes the smoke smell bothers me. This would be a first occurrence for me. I have heard of people checking into hotels that the only rooms left were smoker ones. I got a new car. I continued to smile at the counter worker. I just think we that are non-smokers need to unite. We need to tell smokers and whoever that it does bother me. All three of my sisters smoke, and I don't allow them in my car. The smell is in their clothes. I thought I would share that today!


Great service today! Dr. Ray Hawkins does such a great job.


Big River play is coming up. I am busy memorizing lines and music. I will be glad when it is over. I have been very busy here in January. Basketball, Play, church, and family have consumed me this month.


Have a great week!

No comments: