Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm getting better!

I have returned from a few days in Washington DC with about 160+ seventh graders. I had 7 to kiddos to look after the whole time. I can honestly say that this year experience was a whole lot better than last year. I gave these 7 students candy. They were great! They behaved well, which made my job a lot easier. I say, I am getting better, because I actually enjoyed being with these 7 kids. They were with me the whole time. That is from Tuesday evening till Saturday morning 6am. You may not be proud, but I am. We toured Washington dc so fast, I would like to take a trip in the summer.

_______________________________________________

Spent Saturday after I woke up with one of my nephews who turned 15 last week. We enjoyed some quality time together and rehashing his goals. He is one special kid. I thought my childhood was bad, he is a trooper. Hopefully next weekend we will go for his learner's permit( one of his goals for 15)

Church Consultant: Is there such a job? Every time I attend somewhere I am critiquing the service and asking the question "are they seeker friendly" Today, I was at North Atlanta, and I sat in the back and again said to myself, roll up your sleeves and get to work. I attended an afternoon service at a black church, and could say the same thing. Both places excited me about their outreach to the community. I volunteered to help tutor, serve on the Serving day, and help with Audio/AV. I think I might get a chance to lead worship every now and then. Hopefully this week I will know definitely. Keep in prayer for all churches as they continue to have an effect on our world.

______________________________________________

1 comment:

Jonathan Storment said...

Bro. Terry, I just found your blog through Jim Miller's. How is life going for you? Remember when you used to be my dean? You are getting pretty old huh?