Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Alcoholism



Today, I had to confront my mom about her renewed binge of drinking. After my step dad died I did not know what might happen. My mom tries to be the strong one. Today, we cried together. I wanted to have her to talk as much as she could. I got a call that she might be sick. Recently, I have reported how glad I am of the time I am spending with my mom here lately. My mom suffers from depression, more than I know. We talked about all of her children and grandchildren. She wants so much to be that grandmother that has everything. You know when the grandkids come over, there is nothing she won't do for them. This is not her situation especially with limited funds. I have been putting pressure( too much I learned today) on my mom to keep her finances in order. Like, problably many of you, I have to help out from time to time. All during my childhood, I can bearly remember my mom sober, only really for the last 12 years. I learned today like most people who are alcoholics, she wants to escape the realities of her situation. Please be in prayer for me, my family, and especially my mom. I am wanting another gathering when my mom is sober to really deal with our family issues. I have learned that many families have their issues. I am wanting to deal with this one for me.

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

Thanks for sharing this, Terry. I empathize with your situation, and I certainly will pray for you and your mom.

I'm sure she is thankful to have her son - who is stable, spiritually healthy and concerned about her overall well being - by her side.

You are a real blessing in her life.