Saturday, October 13, 2007

A day with my mother!


Today was another great day. I spent most of the day with my mother. I did attend two Junior High Football games before 12 noon. I took my mother out to eat which she hates because she loves to cook for me and the other members of my family. We went to see Tyler Perry's new movie " Why did I get married". It was really good. My mom was laughing, and laughing hard. I enjoyed just listening to her laugh. The theater was pretty crowded with mostly African American. Some of the laughing points came from the crowd. Anyway, my mom was enjoying herself. I took her away from her grandchildren who she probably loves more. I even made my baby sister made because she wanted to come. It was a great day!
The movie gives some insight into African American culture when it comes to marriage. Tyler Perry is very popular figure in the African American culture. Anyway, a good movie.
As I was leaving today, my mom had to asked if I was going to come back tomorrow. She loves having everyone come back to her house for Sunday dinner. My MO ,normally, is if I come on Saturday, I don't come on Sunday. Well, today I told her I would be there for some good ole southern cooking. The menu for those who care: Collard Greens, fatback, cornbread, Ham, and my mom's famous potatoe salad. The only thing missins is sweet potatoe pie. Knowing my mom, that is what she will make on Sunday. I have been pretty good on my diet lately. Tomorrow we will be resting the calorie counting. If you have not called your mother to tell her how much you love her, what are you waiting on? Get off the computer and call her. Bye!

2 comments:

Liz Moore said...

I'm glad you had such a great time with your mom! Thanks for putting up my hubby last week! I'm not even going to comment on the issues. We don't have issues... what are you talking about! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so next time I am in ATL I want to meet your mom. I would even pay her for a meal.

We have been praying for her and I am glad to see things are getting better.

If you can send me an e-mail address for Daniel Kline I would appreciate it.

Also, call me sometime. You will enjoy the recent SA story.

Baker