Sunday, September 2, 2007

September is here!

Cooler weather has arrived in Atlanta. I have been sweatin up a storm. I even went to the doctor to make sure I was doing alright. He said I was. I lost a few pounds( He also was glad about that as well) My body is large( don't laugh- yours is problably large as well) Anyway, cooler weather is here and I will hopefully now be able to wear shirts that are light without worrying about underarm sweat( that sounds bad)

__________________________________________________________


Today was my last day officially with the East Cobb Church. I have trully enjoyed my time there. I will be attending North Atlanta church beginning next week. Right now just as a member- more to report later. They gave me a dating basket as I have told them this move is being made because I don't want to be 40 and single. ( I am reminded again of the 42 old woman who wanted to date me- YIKES!) Well, in 6 years I'll be that woman. So, God said Go young man! Anyway, I am looking forward to being a regular member for once. I have never been in this situation. It will be interesting while it last!


______________________________________________________


My mom continues to crack me up. This is the lady who taught me to say even to my students "The more you cry, the less you pee" ( I know, keep laughing- she has more, but this is a G-rated website) Today, she informs me that she paid her rent. Not too funny, I had not deposited her checks yet, she went on to say it would be ok her rent man really did not need the money. I asked her how did she know, he still had not cashed the check from last month. I proceeded to tell her that did not matter. She proceeded to tell me where to go. ( if you know what I mean) She is very funny, if you are around, I never know what she might say to you.


______________________________________________________

I am now caught up on all of the beginning of the year things teacher's have to do. I have been behind here lately. I continue to thankful for the opportunities God gives me to minister to others. This week, I agreed to lead worship for the Christian Education Associations meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. Good ole Dr. Jerry Bowling from Harding, gave me the call. He and his late wife Carol, both always encouraged me while I did my volunteer work for Downtown Church in Searcy. He is a good man. I look forward to seeing him again in January. This reminds me of all of the Youth gatherings I have had a chance to be part of. I will blog about that at some point. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your Labor day weekend. Terry

2 comments:

Liz Moore said...

Being a regular member sounds really good. But you're like us, it won't last long! :) Your mom sounds like a hoot!! I can see where your personality comes from :) I hope you have a great school year!

Anonymous said...

I'm a member at North Atlanta. If you see a red-haired woman with a very energetic eight year old who's almost as tall as she is, come say hi to Tina.