Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What has been going on since August 7th

School is in session. My new 7th Graders are great! They are so full of energy. I don't know if I can keep up with them. I love that they laugh at my jokes. Nobody else does! Ha! Anyway, School has started and I have hit the ground running. I had about 45 youth ministers to attend a luncheon on our campus to show them appreciation. This was a major project that has not been done and turend out to be successful. We invited 75 and got 45 for a first year effort this is pretty good. I acted as the MC and felt like I was at a comedy club. One lady had been in the ministy for 29 years. I asked her out in front of everyone. She was married! I didn't care, I told her at this point for me bring her husband! Everyone just laughed and had a great time. Things are still going sooo fast here lately. It was announced last sunday that I would be leaving East Cobb and attending North Atlanta where a good friend of mine preaches Don Mclauglin. I will be leading their this sunday. Please pray that all will go well. I know God is with me, and I love letting him know others are praying as well for Sunday to go well. All I want to do is worship, but I am sure satan will try to show up and I hope we will defeat him. Anyway, I will tell you more about this later. I am trying to buy a wii system for my office. Those that might not know it is a video game system. I have big plans for it Friday for Chapel. I am not having much luck finding one right now. Those who are still with me- the 42 year old is still trying to call me! What do I do besides find her a husband. ( I know be quiet Terry- What we you do if you were me? NO I will not marry her) Anyway, I hope with my move to North Atlanta that I will listen to God as I get involved there! Well, more later! Let God shine on you wherever you are. ( I include the 42 year old as well! Ha!)

3 comments:

Dusty Rush said...

Terry, did you know that my sister, Wendy Chapel, also attends North Atlanta. I know it's a big church, but you'll have to try and find her.

Katy said...

TerryD, I am so excited about the work that I know God will do with the combination of you and Don!! You are right, whenever God is glorified, Satan's attention is captured. However, the very fact that you know this and enter the battled armed, gives you the Victory!!! Isn't it cool that God gave us the armor for the battle!!

I saw Dusty's note above. Be sure to tell Wendy hello from me when you meet her! (You'll have to mention my maiden name.)

Love ya friend,

Katy

Liz Moore said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start with a new school year. And I'm so excited for you and your new job. God is going to do amazing things through you and with you at North Atlanta. Can't wait to hear all about it!