Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Great Time on my trip!

I have a wonderful time this past week travelling in Oklahoma, Texas(Hot), and Arkansas(Hotter). I got to visit with friends who are very special to me. I ate with those that I could: Vernon and Ann, Roxie and Brent, KT and Jimmy, Nathan, Chris, Liz, and Jeremy( a hoot, you all need to meet Jeremy- He is growing to me one incredible young man- Liz and Chris- you will make it- If not I come to at least your trial- Hahaha), Layne and Kristy,Clinton and Belinda, and Brittany, and, kent and cara!

It was wonderful and tiring. I travelled over 1500 miles driving, and flew about 1500 miles round trip. It was great!

Those who know me well know that I enjoy taking people out to lunch. A good and bad habit. When I was a full time minister- it was great! Church paid for it! Now, I still enjoy a great meal with good company. I love that I have been blessed in this way. I also love when friends undersstand that about me. Many people took me out to dinner during my early years. I thought that was awesome, and now I get the chance as well. It really has become a hobby of mine!

2nd day of preplanning! Wow! I can't wait till the kids arrive. I will write more, but wanted to let you know how great my trip was. Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Liz Moore said...

That is a lot of miles!! We are so glad you made a stop here. It was so great to get to visit with you. We miss your sense of humor around here! Thanks also again for dinner! Yes, that is so you! Thanks for your encouraging words about Jeremy. Even though I would sometimes like to throttle him, he does have an incredible heart for God and God is doing amazing things in his life. We are so thankful for people like you who have encouraged him along the way. Have a great school year! Love ya!

Liz Moore said...

In the spirit of playing the game, you have been tagged. Check out my post today for the rules. Sorry!
Blessings, Liz

James E. Miller said...

Please come and take me out to dinner.

Cara said...

Glad to see you got home safe and sound. We had a great weekend! Thanks!

Rachel said...

Glad you had a great trip! That is a lot of miles!!!

Alissa said...

I remember those dinners well! You were always a great host! It's been nice catching up with you through your blog.

Alissa (Lingua) Roades