Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Great Day!

Today is my mom's 61st birthday. I took the day off to spend with her. It was another great day! We went to have lunch with 2 of the 3 sisters. We ate at my mom's favorite(mine too) Mary Mac Tea room downtown Atlanta. We went to a thrift store(another favorite of my moms) where she really did not buy anything(strange for my mom) I later discovered can't buy if you don't have money. So, we went to Bath and Body works! My sister's had to remind me that not everyone is made of money( I know this, they think I don't) So, my tradition with my mom is for us to get the best deal. Well, they had the Buy 3 and get one free! You should have seen the smile. After taking my sister back to her home, I picked up my nephews to take to my mom's house for her birthday. We enjoyed laughing and I enjoyed watching my mom laugh. We have not had the best of times as I have had to implement budget in order for her to live on her own. We had a great day!


___________________________________________________

Random Question: Any thoughts on Single parents with children? Or a single person with children? I guess they are both the same. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Liz Moore said...

I'm glad you had a great day with your mom. Happy Birthday to her!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Glad you had a good day with her.

I think single parents have it tougher than other parents b/c they have to do the job of two people in one. If it is a female parent she has to learn to fulfill not only the mommy role but also the daddy role. And a male parent would have to learn to fulfill the mommy role too. I think that their are some people that God has gifted with that talent and others not so much! I definitely raise my hat to single parents! It is hard being a parent and to do it single handedly with no one else at home for support is something to behold. I think with God's guidance and lots of prayer single parenting can be done very effectively. I also think help from a church family helps a ton. It does take a village!!