Monday, November 17, 2008

New Orleans, School, and Service

I am learning a lot as I am getting older about people.  I don't want my world to be small.  I like a big world where God is.  I just returned from New Orleans where I learned how to give God the glory for the very life I am living.  The people there are incredible.  I am about to lead a group in a few months back there to experience the real side of New Orleans.  

Nothing really matters to me as I compare what life is like back here in Georgia.  We have more than we need, and we want more.  I am blessed.  I know this, and my prayer is that my students will see how blessed they are and want that same blessing for others.  I do believe a man should work, but what I saw in New Orleans were a group of people loving where they are and wanting to continue life right there in New Orleans.  Wow!  

I returned a changed man today!  A man that could now see a bigger value in having a partner to work with to help all people.  I am not sure that has always been my focus.  My eyes have been open, and my prayer is that God is in control and as I make myself a better person, he will send on his time someone to continue my journey with while here on earth.  Wow!

I do have a real big problem.  My problem is that I love making things better whether people want it or not.  I have to learn to lead a quiet life, mind my own business and work with my hand.  I believe that is scripture right there.  May you join me in praying that I learn this and apply it to my everyday life.  

Go live for God!

1 comment:

TSL said...

You don't have a problem, you are wonderful. You keep it up, many blessings unto you.