Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Spiritual Family

Spiritual Family is a big deal for me. You see I grew up as a bus ministry kid. My physical family still to this day does not frequent a local church. I have always enjoyed being surrounded by good spiritual people. I love those who are authentic and real. I have always been attracted to church people. Recently, I am back dealing with my physical family. I now understand more than ever the need to be surrounded by your spiritual one. We all have problems we must deal with, but having your spiritual family there is important. I have now gone back to the church that I have been leading at since my return to Georgia. I have found that I needed them a whole lot more than they needed me. Circumstances allowed me to return right where I left off which is Great. I really wanted to get real involved at North Atlanta church and jump right in. I know now that small churches is more my style. I have work with and have led singing at many of our large churches. I love the small ones. This is not everywhere, but the deep connected friendships I have had over my lifetime have been from my small church experience. I am dealing with my mom, but I am glad to have people who care and will walk with me this next journey. Small churches or Large churches I believe you need to be connected. Are you connected to a local church? Have you been burn by churches in the past? If so, start over again and see where God takes you.

1 comment:

Miss G said...

Hi Terry, I just found your blog through Rachel Luallen's. I agree with you on liking church people and how good it is to be connected with spiritual family. My boyfriend recently moved here to Texas from Missouri so we're looking for a church to belong together. Looking for a church family is not an easy thing but a process which I do believe will yield wonderful rewards. Thanks for the encouragement to be involved somewhere! Happy birthday is three days! Kelly