Friday, September 10, 2010

9-11 and other stuff

As I reflect on 9-11, I can't help but to praise God for all the things he has done that another event such as this has not happen on this large of a scale. God to me is like a parent who watches their kid continue to make bad choices. We continue to sometimes take for granted our safety, good health, and blessings that we have.

I remember many thing about 9-11, when I was in full time ministry. I remember a special prayer service put on my church after being asked by the city. I remember leading worship for Dallas Christian chapel that morning. That morning while still being in bed, turning on the TV witnessed the second plane crashing into the World trade center. I remember how many people came together after this event including congress. We have come a long way since then. We as a country may be more divided today than we have ever been. I remember going to the grocery store and people being nicer to each other.

I wished that I could come up with some magic formula to get us to act right and do the right thing as a church, country, and community. It starts with us. I write this and I don't really have a great relationship lately with my own physically family right now. If we can't do it with blood relatives, how can we do it with strangers or other friends. I am tired of the fighting and bickering going on in politics, churches and other other organizations. Let's get together, and let's stop the fighting!

Changing subjects a little, I am at a lost thinking about baby hailey today. I just read her mother's blog highlighting this week and what is going on today. This is a young family. You can read more about them by clicking here. Please pray for them and especially baby hailey. I don't know why this 2 year old has to go thru all of what she has so far, but I am moved by the goals the family has and is doing to prolong baby hailey's life. I am at a lost of how to respond. I can not imagine going thru what they have and what they are dealing with each day. Just join me in prayer, and thank God for blessing you today for the very life you get to enjoy.

Changing subjects again, Relationships are hard. I know I am not that good at them. I love people and meeting new ones. I like keeping some of the old ones I have met over the years. As I have gotten older and set in my ways, I am not sure these days if there is any one out there that I would enjoy spending the rest of my life with as a spouse. I have said for years I would love to be married. I am not sure I want more drama in my life at least not today. Keep me in prayer as I continue to evaluate the good and the bad that is happening with me. I love the freedoms that I have and the blessings that I can shower on many people. Just pray for me!

Let me thank you for reading. I know you might not come often, but you are here today. Be a blessing to someone!

No comments: