Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life has been very interesting lately.

First, I got some good advice today about dating, marriage, Christianity, and family. Let me tell you my mom is in the hospital. Please pray that all will go well with her blood sugar. It has been dropping here lately in the low teens number. She has been dizzy, and bruises are showing up all over her body. She is not in pain( I am grateful) Her name is Mary. The advice I got was to stop trying to control everything and let God do what he is going to do without me messing it up. The advice continued to remind me why I am on this earth, which is to help plant seeds for Christ. Am I doing that at my private Christian school.(yes) My saved church that meets in Marietta, Georgia(yes). Am I doing it at my condo that I purchased a month ago(N0) bank,grocery store, gas station, many restaurants I frequent( All of these are no or maybe) We got work to do people let's do it!

Second, I am very thankful for many things today. My work has been my life. Greater Atlanta Christian and East Cobb Church make up the bulk of my life right now. I love and I'm very thankful to be involved in both ministries. I don't really look at it as a job. Although, I do get paid for both works, I am humbled by these opportunities and that both places seemed to have accepted who I am for who I am. You know what I mean. I am very thankful for the Leadership in both places. They are not perfect and I know you can't believe it, but I am not perfect as well.

Third, Volleyball begins for me tomorrow. Our first game is tomorrow. I am excited. I pray that my girls will be ready mentally. I have missed the coaching scene. Tomorrow should be a great day to restart that career. We do have a little girl drama here at the beginning. We will see how that plays out tomorrow.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Liz Moore said...

I hope your mom is doing better!

James E. Miller said...

I prayed for your mom today.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your mom! You have to let me know how volleyball goes. That was my fave! So much fun! We all need to be reminded to let go and let God. Thanks for that!